I have been working towards Valentine's Day since Boxing Day and I've been really excited because I love anything to do with hearts, roses and gestures of love. So, as money is still tight and the boyfriend likes all things chocolate I decided I would make him a batch of red velvet cupcakes. I searched online for a recipe that came with good recommendations and set to work on them. To make the sponge a vibrant red, the recipe states you have to add a whole bottle of food colouring (40ml) but it also states a brand that has a good strength of colouring. As my local supermarket doesn't stock that brand I had to buy their own version and the whole bottle of colouring did NOTHING to the sponge. It was just regular, brown, chocolate sponge. But delicious all the same!!
I decorated them in chocolate frosting and red buttercream icing, and this was the result...
No comments:
Post a Comment